Campaign: Real Beauty Sketches
WPP company: Ogilvy & Mather São Paulo
Client: Dove (Unilever)

Only 4% of women believe they're beautiful. How could we prove to the other 96% that they are more beautiful than they think?

Dove and O&M São Paulo created a social experiment where a FBI-trained sketch artist drew two blind portraits of a woman: one based on her own self-description, and the second based on a strangers description. When the sketches where compared side-by-side it was evident the 'stranger' portraits were more accurate and beautiful than the 'self' portraits, proving that women are more beautiful than they think.


5.5 billion impressions and 170 million views.


  • The campaign has won over 80 awards worldwide, including nine Gold LIAs as well as 10 Gold Lions and the Titanium Grand Prix at Cannes.

Chapter 2 of 10